Another Hidden Gem in The Bronx, ya’ll! Okay so whenever I walked pass this block, this restaurant is always packed with people. I went inside and asked the chef why this restaurant is always packed and he simply told me in his Caribbean accent “When you try the food, you will know”.
I must admit that the food is truly good! My boyfriend and I had fish, shrimps, mac and cheese, candied yams, corn bread and their signature drink called half and half. The serve a lot of food so we split the food and we were more than satisfied.
Everything was delicious and reasonably priced. The chef was right after all, now I know why this place is always packed.
Although I just got back from beautiful Italy, I couldn’t have enough of the food and I knew this meant to take a trip to little Italy in The Bronx. However, after doing some research and asking around, I knew Antonio’s Trattoria will be a great choice.
Chicken Parmigiano Oven Baked Pizza and Cheese Calzone with sauce.
As NYC quoted, “The restaurant dishes up classic Italian fare like baked clams, fried calamari, brick-oven pizzas and calzones, and fresh pastas including rigatoni, lasagna and penne.”
As soon as you walk in, you are welcomed with cheer! I love this feeling, it makes me feel at home. In short, the service was great, the food was delicious and just like Timeout said “the menu was voluminous”. Highly recommend for those who love Italian food like myself.
Okay you guys I am really spilling the tea here. I am letting you know some of my tops grocery shopping secrets here in The Bronx.
With only 2 locations here in The Bronx, ALDI has so much to offer! ALDI is a German company that has successfully made its way into the United States. I love shopping for groceries here. One reason beyond all, I can buy organic fruits and veggies for a good price. Above all, it is a global discounted supermarket.
My Grocery List
- Pita Chips
- Turkey Bacon
- Multi grain Bread
- Organic Yogurt
- Organic Quinoa
- Broccoli (3 heads)
- Sweet Potatoes (About 10 in a bag)
- Old Fashion Oats
- Zucchini (4)
- Lemons (6)
- Brussels Sprouts (A bag of small Brussels sprouts)
- Oven Roasted Almonds
- Gala Apples (5)
I purchased 15 items that will last me for a whole month and I spent less than $40! Mathematically speaking, if I spend this month every month for a whole year, less than $500 will be going towards my groceries. Sounds almost unbelievable, when Americans usually spend $150 a week on groceries. Insane! You can eat better and save so much here at ALDI.
Two locations here in The Bronx, pick one and start saving.
Do you shop at ALDI?
Customer service here is amazing! I had brunch with one of my girls here on a Sunday morning and it was marvelous. I was a bit nervous because I thought I was going to encounter a long wait time, but to my surprise there was no wait at all. There is coat check available!! That is a major plus in my book, especially during this time of year. The waiter knew the menu very well and made great recommendations for us to try since it was our very first time.
- Food was banging! Like for real, MUST TRY
- Coat check
- Clean/Pretty bathrooms (two unisex bathrooms)
- Staff very friendly and knowledgeable
- Great selection for a brunch menu!!!!!!
- Unlimited Mimosa, Bellini, Screwdriver or Greyhounds ($18 for 1.5 hours)
- Southern style food
- Located in the heart of The Bronx
- Menus also available for Lunch and Dinner
- Delivery service provided (You have the option to order online)
- Host events, view more info on website
Happy Hour: Monday – Friday 4pm-7pm
- 2/1 well made drinks
- $5 Margaritas
- $1 Oysters
Visit the direct website for more info at charliesbarkitchen.com
A dish made with love is what you see above. Instead of going out to an Italian restaurant for a date, me and my boyfriend decided to make a home cooked meal with a glass of Veuve Clicquot champagne. An Italian meal paired with french champagne, I couldn’t ask for more. I am not sure why I’ve never paired pasta and champagne before, its a perfect combination. What do you like to cook with your lovie?
This recipe was found here http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a46095/garlicky-alfredo-shrimp-bake-recipe/
- Everything you need in a local bar! This is my go to spot for a chill night with a few friends. I have been here a couple times and every time I visit, I find another reason to keep coming back. Although there are other bars in the neighborhood, this is nothing like the other guys. Bronx Drafthouse is open all year, not just when there’s a Yankee game which is a huge plus.
- Huge selection of tap beer and cider
- Margaritas and sangrias are really good
- Food selection is GREAT! I mean they have everything on their food menu. If you decide to stop by, please try Highbridge Nachos (Deliciousness!)
- The staff are generally knowledgeable about their menu, which is a major plus for me.
- Neighborhood friendly and naturally a welcoming environment as soon as you walk in.
- BoogieDown Brunch! They now serve brunch on Saturdays from 11am to 4pm, which includes beermosa and mimosa, how cute!
- Mondays – Fridays (3pm – 7pm) $5 wine/beer and $6 Margaritas
- Please keep in mind, that happy hour is not available during a Yankee game.
Visit the direct website for more info at bronxdrafthouse.com
- Beautiful bar, inside and out. You can see the bright lights from far. Before walking inside of Gun Hill Tavern, I could already tell that it was a modern bar from the outside. As I was making my way to my seat, I was having a “ohh, ahh moment” lol. I mean its so pretty and comfy inside. Another thing is ..it is not on Gun Hill its on Cypress Ave.
- Great selections of food and drink. (Do not be afraid to ask the bartenders for drink or food suggestions, they are super friendly.)
- You can go here for a romantic date with someone special and/or you can go here for a night of family fun!
- The burger is to die for, it was everything you need in a burger! And the fries were nice and crispy. (I love a good burger with my wine) Omg! Please try it.
- Efficient service
- Reasonably priced
- A mix of great people, food and drinks
- For those who are Football lovers, Gun Hill Tavern offers a “Sunday Football Special” (50 cent wings)!!
Visit the direct website for more info: https://www.gunhilltavern.com/