Sweet potatoes wedges makes a great side for a delicious homemade meal and it is easy to make. Here is how!
- 3 Sweet Potatoes (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 2 1/2 tablespoon olive oil (or whatever oil you prefer)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika (or any seasoning that you prefer)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, mix the wedges and seasoning. Mix well together until everything is combined.
- In a baking sheet, spread the wedges apart. Once you are done, put the sheet inside of the oven.
- Bake for 30min to 40min, keeping an eye on the wedges so that they don’t get too crispy.
- Once it is done baking, wait about 5min before serving.
And wallah! There you have it, homemade “Baked Crispy Sweet Potato”.
If you are planning to try this recipe, please do share on how it turned out for you!
Have you ever tried baked sweet potato wedges?
Hey lovely people,
June is national iced tea month! Being that iced tea is a refreshing drink and that Summer begins in June, makes it all intentional. In my home we drink lots of water and iced tea during the summer time. Iced tea is the closest option to juice that I have in my home, so my sisters complain when they come over lol. There is no particular reason, I just prefer to keep sweets out of sight and out of mind!
In celebration to this special month, I ventured out in my own kitchen by experimenting on new iced tea recipes. Out of all the batches that I made, I truly enjoyed Peach and Passion fruit iced tea with a hint of strawberry and lemon.
Here is how you make it:
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 4 tea bags
- 3 Strawberries
- 1/2 Lemon
- Boil 2 cups of hot water over the stove or in a kettle.
- Pour boiling water in a heat proof pitcher and add the 4 tea bags. (Steep for 5 mins)
- Once the water has cooled down; toss the tea bags, add the strawberries and squeeze the lemon inside.
- Put the pitcher inside the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Add honey or sugar to your linking and enjoy!
And there you have it, Peach and Passion fruit iced tea with a hint of strawberry and lemon. Cheers!
What is your favorite Iced tea flavor?
Hey, lovely people!
I love grapefruit more than any other fruit. One thing that I really enjoy about this yellow round fruit, is that it is filled with delicious citrus acid and its packed with so many benefits. Here are some to keep in mind while they are still in season:
- Makes you feel full
- Because of the high amount of fiber that this fruit contains, it suppresses hunger. Isnt this great news for some us? I know it is for me. Which is great if you are watching your weight, because it prevents you from overeating and you wont have to run to the grocery store frequently because you have mistakenly eaten all your food, again. lol The answer to this problem will be a piece of grapefruit.
- They’re refreshing
- This is a popular fruit for breakfast, simply because it is refreshing and why not start your day with a refreshing fruit? Before heading out the door in the morning, follow a piece of grapefruit after your bowl of cereal or pack the grapefruit juice and drink it on your way to work/school.
- Helps with Fatigue
- During the summer season, many of us are running around like a chicken without a head and we often experience fatigue. Especially in this busy summer season and the hot weather! Grapefruit contains Nootkatone, which serves a boost of energy. Feeling fatigue? grab a cold grapefruit drink with extra ice.
Fueling my body with green apple and peanut butter. Not only are Apples rich in fiber but they are also great for digestion. Peanut Butter is packed with protein and are also very filling. My goal is to look and feel my best so I vowed to eat like I mean it. So I built a lifestyle that includes fresh foods on my plate everyday. This transition has me feeling, thinking and sleeping better. I underestimated the power of food and how it effects me. I learned that what I eat today, determines how I feel tomorrow. What is your food doing for you? Are you fueling your body or just feeding your body?
Avocado is a delicious fruit that detoxifies and supports skin hydration. This fruit is known as a super food because it has a ton of benefits. Avocados are also good sources of energy. I love them because they are very filling and can be incorporated in any meal of the day. Slice some up, lay it on top of some delicious homemade bread, add a sprinkle of black pepper & sea salt and enjoy! I make my bread completely from scratch, I find that it taste much better and I like to know exactly what is going into my food. However, any bread at your local food store will do just fine.