It is the beginning of the year and most people are focused on getting in shape. here are some tips that has been highly effective throughout my journey.
- Make a list
- Write down why you have made the decision to get fit. Is it for better sleep? or for a boost in happiness? Whatever it is, put it on paper. Once you’re done, hang it up in your home.
- Create a fitness vision board
- This works wonders! Surf the web for inspirational quotes and images. If you have a Pinterest account, surf Pinterest for more ideas and inspiration. Print them out and put a board together. Be sure to include things that honestly inspire and motivate you. Once you have put it together, post your board somewhere in your home that you can see it everyday. This way, you will have a visual constant reminder of your fitness goals. When you are feeling down and uninspired, read the quotes out loud.
- Drink infused water
- It is no secret that a healthy diet consists of loads of water so why not make it fun? Plain water can be boring so what you can do is add your favorite fruits to your water. This makes it really pretty and really tasty all at once.
- There are many articles, blogs, info graphics, books, documentaries and even podcasts based on healthy eating and living. When people ask me specific questions about my vegetarian lifestyle, I always start of by explaining the importance of research. It is essential for you to dig up your own information, for your own understanding as opposed to going off of what people say. Do your homework and then draw your own conclusions. For starters, go on YouTube or Netflix and then work your way into books and articles.
- Take small steps
- Small changes enable big changes. Set realistic goals and start off very very small. Many people skip this step and head straight to the failing route. When you are scheduling your next workout, try to workout for 30 minutes as opposed to working out for 2 hours. If you are typically inactive and this is all new to you, allow your mind and body to warm up to this change and go easy on yourself. Do this and you will go far.
- Download an app to help you
- Use your smartphone to your advantage by downloading an app to help you reach your fitness goal. I have tried a few and what works best for me is Myfitness Pal. This app allows you to submit your desired weight goal and helps you achieve it by holding you accountable according to what you are eating. One thing that I like about this app is that it gives you an estimated date on when you will reach your goals according to what you eat and how much you weight. However, in order for this app to be effective you have to be consistent with logging your food and weight.
Well, that sums it all up guys. I hope that you found these tips to be applicable to your fitness journey!
What are your fitness goals for this year?