On Saturday March 3rd 2018, The Bronx birthed its first networking space for Bronx Innovators. This event was created with the intention of bringing Bronx Bloggers in one space. This event turned out better than what I had originally expected. I had such a good time meeting a list of Bronx professionals that share the love for their home (The Boogie down Bronx.) As Blogger Tess had mentioned in her blog, the people of The Bronx are hungry and there is something percolating here in our borough.
This is a small taste of what The Bronx can do. This is what happens when you put a whole bunch of Bronx Innovators in one room. The energy was absolutely amazing. I started off with a small idea of inviting 30 Innovators for a forum and then it escalated to 250 Innovators in one room, real quick. To see everyone connecting and building together as brothers and sisters, was truly beautiful. We must fight for what we love, which is our home; The Bronx!! This is just the beginning, there is more! If you missed this one, no worries! My team and I are coming back stronger for the next one. Bronx Strong for lifeeeee.
Bronxnet Recap of the event:
Open Interview with Daren Jaime before the event:
My partners: Ayesha (Event Organizer) and Henry (Founder of BORNjuice)
Click here and here for more pictures from the event.
Check out these Bronx Bloggers who recapped the event in their Blogs:
Alex Rivera (The Bronxer) Vlog on the event:
Youtube Channel: The Bronxer
- I am currently planning another Blogger Social for the Summer of 2018! My team and I are super excited for the next one. Stay tuned for the upcoming dates and information. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to my blog to stay updated with more.
Lots of Hugs and Kisses,
It is the beginning of the year and most people are focused on getting in shape. here are some tips that has been highly effective throughout my journey.
- Make a list
- Write down why you have made the decision to get fit. Is it for better sleep? or for a boost in happiness? Whatever it is, put it on paper. Once you’re done, hang it up in your home.
- Create a fitness vision board
- This works wonders! Surf the web for inspirational quotes and images. If you have a Pinterest account, surf Pinterest for more ideas and inspiration. Print them out and put a board together. Be sure to include things that honestly inspire and motivate you. Once you have put it together, post your board somewhere in your home that you can see it everyday. This way, you will have a visual constant reminder of your fitness goals. When you are feeling down and uninspired, read the quotes out loud.
- Drink infused water
- It is no secret that a healthy diet consists of loads of water so why not make it fun? Plain water can be boring so what you can do is add your favorite fruits to your water. This makes it really pretty and really tasty all at once.
- There are many articles, blogs, info graphics, books, documentaries and even podcasts based on healthy eating and living. When people ask me specific questions about my vegetarian lifestyle, I always start of by explaining the importance of research. It is essential for you to dig up your own information, for your own understanding as opposed to going off of what people say. Do your homework and then draw your own conclusions. For starters, go on YouTube or Netflix and then work your way into books and articles.
- Take small steps
- Small changes enable big changes. Set realistic goals and start off very very small. Many people skip this step and head straight to the failing route. When you are scheduling your next workout, try to workout for 30 minutes as opposed to working out for 2 hours. If you are typically inactive and this is all new to you, allow your mind and body to warm up to this change and go easy on yourself. Do this and you will go far.
- Download an app to help you
- Use your smartphone to your advantage by downloading an app to help you reach your fitness goal. I have tried a few and what works best for me is Myfitness Pal. This app allows you to submit your desired weight goal and helps you achieve it by holding you accountable according to what you are eating. One thing that I like about this app is that it gives you an estimated date on when you will reach your goals according to what you eat and how much you weight. However, in order for this app to be effective you have to be consistent with logging your food and weight.
Well, that sums it all up guys. I hope that you found these tips to be applicable to your fitness journey!
What are your fitness goals for this year?