Happy day lovelies! How are you doing? 🎀
I have so many beauty favorites and a love for makeup that I have been wanting to share with you all. I wear makeup occasionally throughout the year and I makes me feel good knowing that I can do it myself. I put this together to highlight my current beauty favorites that are giving me so much life.
- Glow Kit – Anastasia Beverly Hills
- I have been on a hunt for a good highlighter and I must say that this is a great choice. Do not let the price fool you, it is worth every penny. Besides, within this kit you get four different highlight shades that you can bounce from. I love it and I highly recommend it for those who are beginners with makeup.
- Contour Cream Kit – Anastasia Beverly Hills
- This contour kit is also really good! It is easy to use and not so heavy on your face. I was a little nervous about the cream kit vs. the powder kit but its not so bad. Also, you can use this contour kit as a highlighter for your eyebrows or color corrector for some or maybe even as a concealer. There are different ways to have fun with makeup, so do not be afraid to be creative!
- Sleek MakeUP – Storm Palette
- While I was in London shopping for makeup in Boots, I discovered Sleek MakeUp. Which is a brand that has pigmented eye shadow pallets. But there’s good news! Sleek MakeUp has partnered up with Walgreens, which is good news for those of you that live in the U.S because you can visit one locally for this eye shadow palette. In my opinion, its better and cheaper than most of the upscale brands.
Have you tried any of these products? What is your beauty favorite? 💋
Besides Spring, Fall is my favorite season of the year. What I enjoy the most, is the ability to layer my outfit. I love to pair a simple outfit with a beautiful, rich colored coat. As we move closer to Winter, I will continue to layer my outfit before slipping into my heavy duty winter coat (which is not so cute). I must add that I had so much fun, shooting for this look; which I shared with you guys on my Instagram page. Anyways, I hope that you enjoy it!
.: J.Crew Camel Coat :.
.: Fashion Nova Black Jeans (Similar) :.
.: Forever 21 Black Classic V-Neck Cami :.
.: Guess Snake Skin Pointed Toe Pumps (Similar) :.
.: Neck piece from TJ Maxx (Similar) :.
Thank you for stopping by, hope you enjoyed!
“Turns out, my Pantene contains a chemical linked to cancer and lots of products in my bathroom from sunscreen to lipstick and even baby shampoo; also linked to cancer or other problems such as learning disabilities, asthma and even male fertility (damaged sperm.” – The Story of Cosmetics (Short Youtube Video)
It is no secret that we do not know for sure what goes into our foods but how about our beauty products? Although there is a list of things unsaid, it is our job to be mindful and educated in these areas. Just because it taste good, does not necessarily mean that it is good for you to consume, right? Same goes for beauty products, just because it smells good or look pretty, this does not mean that it is safe for us to use.
”The average woman in the U.S uses about twelve personal care products daily. The average man uses about six. Each product containing a dozen or more chemicals.” – The Story of Cosmetics (Short Youtube Video)
If you look closely, you will learn that some of products contain deadly chemicals and some are not even approved by the FDA! Chemicals that are banned in many countries, are legal in America and freely swimming in our daily products. Anyone can understand that some ingredients used for our products are not safe for humans to consume but it is allowed on the market, for us to buy and consume!! (I don’t know about you but that is insane to even think about, please take a few minutes to let this information marinate)
The bottom line is; we all want to enjoy a fruitful life without devoting half our lives to the healthcare industry paying medical bills.
Using some graphics from Safe Cosmetics, here are some ingredients to look out for and why:
Now that you know about a few ingredients to look out for, pick a beauty product and search for these ingredients.
This is what I got rid of, after learning about the ugly ingredients:
If you feel like you need help identifying the ingredients, you can use these websites/app that will tell you exactly what is in your product. My top favorite ones are Safe Cosmetics, Think Dirty App and Good Guide.
With a love for hair and makeup, Tati began a YouTube channel to teach women how to achieve certain hairstyles or makeup looks! She also does hair reviews, makeup tutorials and a ton of DIY videos (my favorite). Personally, I love her videos because they are beginner friendly and she’s super fun to watch. Follow her on IG @forevertati_
I love love Asatou’s sense of fashion. Throughout her travels around the world, she creates these beautiful style diaries. Which I love because I love her modern style. Besides fashion, Asatou is a makeup artist and a model. I am so excited for her as she was featured essence.com for the Dance Africa Street Style 2017 !! Follow her on IG @asatousohna
Dandy in the Bronx, is a menswear/lifestyle blogger. If you are a guy looking for a different style, do yourself a favor and check him out! His style is sleek, neat but yet professional. Smooth sense of style. My boyfriend loves his style. a menswear/lifestyle blogger. Besides, his youtube channel you can also check out his blog. Follow his on IG @dandyinthebronx
Beautycon Festival here in New York City was an adventure of its own. I learned about different beauty companies that I never knew of before. However, the highlight of the festival for me was Gabrielle Union! Shes more flawless in person!! Anyways, she shared some inspirational tips, talked about her book; “We’re going to need more wine” and her new hair product line; Flawless Hair.
People come to these types of festivals for different reasons. Since I am fairly new in the blogging community I wanted to meet bloggers like myself and learn about different beauty companies. Mission accomplished! Below you will find a list of freebies that I got!
Free Macaroons for everyone! They were so yummy
Pretty and yummy
Flower mascara tower
List of freebies:
- New Cantu Cleanse Root Rinse (Sample Packet)
- New Cantu Color Protecting Shampoo (Sample Packet)
- Soap & Glory; Peaches and Clean Deep Cleansing Milk (Sample Packet)
- Soap & Glory: Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumpling Lip Gloss; Colors Spun Sugar, Plumsup &Nudestar (Sample Size)
- Colorpop Lippie Stix; Color Dusty Pink (Full Size)
- Milk Makeup Lip Color; Color Blue (Full Size)
- New L’oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise (Full Size)
Thank you for stopping by!