It’s the most happiest time of the year but it also can be the most expensive time of the year for many. Without an effective plan or a budget, things can start off on a bad note for you. By using different tips, there are some ways that you can save money on gifts. Here are some ways that you can save while you are checking off items off your list.
Give yourself a budget
- This is very important, which is why it is #1. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Look over your finances and make an economical decision based on what you can afford. Give yourself a budget and stick to it.
Shop on the Clearance Section
- You can find half priced items in clothing, shoes, accessories and the home section! I recommend looking online, this way you get an instant visual look on what is currently available on and clearance.
- Do you still have a gift that you receive last year and did not like it, then you can re gift it to someone else that may like it better. Problem solved! If this does not pertain to you, than you can look over your books and pick which ones you’re ready to pass on and give those as gifts instead.
- Allow your creativity to run wild during this holiday season. There are many things that you can make at home and give to your friends and family as a gift. Some examples can be delicious fresh out of the oven cookies, a painting that you painted or even some homemade bar soaps. Be creative and have fun while you’re at it!
Buy Family Gifts
- Instead of buying five different gifts for a family of five, just buy a gift that the family can all enjoy. Whole Foods Gift Card for some grocery shopping, movie ticket package or a gift basket. Why buy five gifts when you can buy one that everyone will enjoy? Save yourself a headache.
I do not believe on spending a lot of money on gifts for Christmas. There is no reason to spend so much and loose your mind, especially if you have a big family. If you can, save yourself a few bucks by following some of these tips. Not only do you save yourself money but you can relax and truly enjoy this wonderful season.
Have you completed your holiday shopping?