Flap your wings and SOAR! You are not designed to stay in a nest. You are created to STEP OUT of the nest and fly. It is impossible to soar without flapping. Flapping allows you to prepare for your flight. Though it may be scary to think about falling, you must step out and do it anyway. You must fly by faith and not by sight. It’s okay to close your eyes for a moment but hold on tight to your faith. You were made to soar. You are no longer an egg, your hatching days are over. That is the problem today, many eagles are flapping around with an “egg” mindset. They have grown out of the nest and they are too afraid to step out of their comfort zone. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, understood as a child, thought as a child but when I became a man, I put away childish things. (1 Corinthians 13:11) Break out of your egg mindset and SOAR like the eagle that you were created to be.
✨ Here is an Afro Latina Woman who enjoys to travel. She uncovered this passion as a college student as she studied British Literature in the United Kingdom. During her studies, she was able to visit Caen, France and Barcelona, Spain. It was love at many sights. Two years later, she returned to the United Kingdom cruising through Europe for a month. In this photo she is casually smiling under the Tuscan sun. She shares her passion with her students in The Bronx and donates to college students who study overseas. She is currently mapping out her next travel ventures. A travel a year, will keep your mind awake and a healthy savings account will keep your options open! Travel on my brothers and sisters, travel on! 🛩 •
With lots of love,
Pick up your head. ✨ You are worthy. Your voice matters. You make a difference. You are needed. Your presence makes a difference. Your light shines through darkness. You are important. Your smile illuminates any room. Pick up your head. You are precious in the eyes of the lord. You were chosen to be free. Your pure joy is essential for those who are numb to joy. You are placed in situations purposely to restore hope. You inspire others to go after their dreams. Pick up your head and know that you matter. Some of you have never heard any of this before. And I am telling you now, that YOU MATTER… more than you think. #YouMatter ✨🤗✨
With lots of love,
🌱 Its not what it looks like. I mean, its more than what it looks like. When I wake up in the early morning, you are exactly what I crave for. As I take my first sip, a deep breathe of relief follows after. I close my eyes and tilt my head back; preparing my mind, body and soul for a fresh new day. I ask god to use me as a vessel to glorify his kingdom and to provide me with specific instructions for today. Before taking my second sip, I wait for god to speak. I hold you up close to my face, for a mini facial. Instantly, god begins to download information/instructions into my spirit. Thank you, father. After writing it all down, I am now ready for the rest of you. Coffee do it for some but you do it for me. See, its not what it looks like. You are more than just tea to me. 🍵
With lots of love,
It is the beginning of the year and most people are focused on getting in shape. here are some tips that has been highly effective throughout my journey.
- Make a list
- Write down why you have made the decision to get fit. Is it for better sleep? or for a boost in happiness? Whatever it is, put it on paper. Once you’re done, hang it up in your home.
- Create a fitness vision board
- This works wonders! Surf the web for inspirational quotes and images. If you have a Pinterest account, surf Pinterest for more ideas and inspiration. Print them out and put a board together. Be sure to include things that honestly inspire and motivate you. Once you have put it together, post your board somewhere in your home that you can see it everyday. This way, you will have a visual constant reminder of your fitness goals. When you are feeling down and uninspired, read the quotes out loud.
- Drink infused water
- It is no secret that a healthy diet consists of loads of water so why not make it fun? Plain water can be boring so what you can do is add your favorite fruits to your water. This makes it really pretty and really tasty all at once.
- There are many articles, blogs, info graphics, books, documentaries and even podcasts based on healthy eating and living. When people ask me specific questions about my vegetarian lifestyle, I always start of by explaining the importance of research. It is essential for you to dig up your own information, for your own understanding as opposed to going off of what people say. Do your homework and then draw your own conclusions. For starters, go on YouTube or Netflix and then work your way into books and articles.
- Take small steps
- Small changes enable big changes. Set realistic goals and start off very very small. Many people skip this step and head straight to the failing route. When you are scheduling your next workout, try to workout for 30 minutes as opposed to working out for 2 hours. If you are typically inactive and this is all new to you, allow your mind and body to warm up to this change and go easy on yourself. Do this and you will go far.
- Download an app to help you
- Use your smartphone to your advantage by downloading an app to help you reach your fitness goal. I have tried a few and what works best for me is Myfitness Pal. This app allows you to submit your desired weight goal and helps you achieve it by holding you accountable according to what you are eating. One thing that I like about this app is that it gives you an estimated date on when you will reach your goals according to what you eat and how much you weight. However, in order for this app to be effective you have to be consistent with logging your food and weight.
Well, that sums it all up guys. I hope that you found these tips to be applicable to your fitness journey!
What are your fitness goals for this year?