You are beautiful
You are different
You are YOU!!!
People today tend to compare themselves to others because they want to be them or even possess what they have. We all have role models but there is difference between and idol and following someone else’s trend.
Begin by analyzing yourself in the mirror, admire your features as you look at yourself. DO NOT THINK ABOUT THE NEGATIVE BUT INSTEAD THINK ABOUT THE POSITIVE!!!
NEXT, Have you ever sat down to actually contemplate what makes you beautiful?
Take the moment to think about five things that makes you beautiful or even happy and if you cant that is a problem.
The problem is your not identifying the beauty within yourself and now it is time to get out of that shell.
That barrier that you have can be broken down! Do not build upon it but break it instead.
Look upon my 5 ways to be more creative blog post on how to branch out to be different and unique.
However this post is to make you more focused on yourself and who you are a s person.
Then, each day as you wake up place a post-it note of a motivational thought on your mirror, or somewhere you will always see the post-it.
Lastly, say “I am confident”, each day and night, even when you in the car going to work, or even taking public transportation.
Your confidence is the key to everything. It shapes who you are as a person, and that positivity needs to be shared throughout. That is what people will want to see.
Remember you came out into this world alone, now its time to make your own image of yourself. Make yourself your own role model.
Written by Nanayaa
Within twenty-four years, here is one list with twenty four things that truly makes me happy. Enjoy!
- Green Tea
- Oreo Cookies
- Dollar Tree
- Bubble Tea
- Frozen Yogurt
- Girls night
- Boarding on the airplane
- Saag Paneer with Naan bread
- Road Trip
- Game Night
- Fresh Flowers
- The smell of fresh baked cookies
- A nap on a rainy afternoon
- Sweet scented candles
- Christmas Carols
Imagine this; As you lay down on the grass with your eyes looking up, seeing the blue and white clouds as they move left and right in an indecisive order. You begin to make images in your head of what you see in the sky. Now that is creativity.
Have you ever heard of writer’s block? Well, there can be creator’s block. Here are some tips on how to be more creative:
1. Identify What You Enjoy
First, we need to identify what you enjoy, such as hobbies, favorite subjects, or even what you like to eat! Now use those as a starting foundation for thinking of ideas related to the topics.
2. Step Out the Box
Use these hobbies to branch out into different past-times you’ve never tried before. Take a risk. Do something challenging. Step out your comfort zone.
3. Research for Inspirations
Everyone is inspired by someone or something. Now it’s your turn. Take several inspirations from different websites, such as Pinterest, and apply them into your own work.
4. Go Out
Remaining in the same environment can limit your creativity, so going out can help you draw inspirations. Take pictures, to reminisce about the memories that you experienced, and create a collage about your favorite moments.
5. Personal Space
Everyone eventually needs “Me-time” to destress, reflect, and to recharge our batteries before we can continue onto the next level of our creativity.
Now to execute your image, the image that was created up in the sky is about to be produced.
Believe and release. The moment you begin to activate your belief muscle, you automatically begin to release things. Things that are holding you back from being completely free. Things that make you feel like there is no hope and that it is impossible to move forward. Things that have been toxically glued to you since your childhood. Things that can’t accept your success. Things that turn your smile upside down. Things that you make excuses for over and over again. And if you can’t relate to this, replace the word things with the word people and you will see that you are not too far off from this statement.
See, something happens when you begin to believe. These things or people will begin to slowly step back because for the first time you have decided to stand firm in what you believe in. Your belief can be in anything; whether it is in God himself, happiness, peace, chocolate cake or coupons. It reminds me of the saying, if you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything. You see, small things such as this can make a huge difference in our days before us. So I encourage you to believe and release anything that is holding you back from being free.
I discern that this is a busy season for many people. Whether you are a college student looking for a summer opportunity, a recent high school grad preparing for school in the fall, a parent shopping for a prom dress, a teacher counting down the days until the last day of school or a parent preparing for a family vacation. Though I agree that it can be difficult to squeeze in some time to de-stress and relax, I am here to tell you that it is possible. Dedicating some time to relax is key in order to be productive. Here are some tips to help you throughout this busy season.
- Schedule some “me time”
- Pick a time and a day where you can fully devote to yourself. Look at your schedule for the rest of the week and make time for you! This may feel silly or uncomfortable if you are doing it for the first time but that is okay because where there is uncomfort there is also growth. This is a time for you to relax and be alone, so do not hand out any invitations.
- Go for a walk
- Throw on comfortable clothes, tie your sneakers and hit the door for a walk. The more you walk, the more you stress you release; which is perfect for a time like this. I challenge you to leave your phone at home to remove distractions and allow your mind to wander freely.
- Meditate in the morning
- Before starting your day, take 5 to 10mins to meditate. This is a perfect time to prepare your mind and body for a new day; doing this will allow you to be more relaxed throughout the day. I challenge you to try this for at least three days and you will notice a huge difference within yourself.
- Make a gratitude list
- Sometimes we walk around wanting more without realizing that we have all that we need in our lives already. Understanding what we have, will allow us to appreciate things more. With that being said, list the things that you are most grateful for in your life.
- Eat greens
- Fueling your body with the right foods is more important than you think. Being productive is something that we all strive for but eating the right food is just as important. Your energy throughout the day, determines on how well you will produce for that day. Click here to see what fruits and vegetables are currently in season.