You are beautiful
You are different
You are YOU!!!
People today tend to compare themselves to others because they want to be them or even possess what they have. We all have role models but there is difference between and idol and following someone else’s trend.
Begin by analyzing yourself in the mirror, admire your features as you look at yourself. DO NOT THINK ABOUT THE NEGATIVE BUT INSTEAD THINK ABOUT THE POSITIVE!!!
NEXT, Have you ever sat down to actually contemplate what makes you beautiful?
Take the moment to think about five things that makes you beautiful or even happy and if you cant that is a problem.
The problem is your not identifying the beauty within yourself and now it is time to get out of that shell.
That barrier that you have can be broken down! Do not build upon it but break it instead.
Look upon my 5 ways to be more creative blog post on how to branch out to be different and unique.
However this post is to make you more focused on yourself and who you are a s person.
Then, each day as you wake up place a post-it note of a motivational thought on your mirror, or somewhere you will always see the post-it.
Lastly, say “I am confident”, each day and night, even when you in the car going to work, or even taking public transportation.
Your confidence is the key to everything. It shapes who you are as a person, and that positivity needs to be shared throughout. That is what people will want to see.
Remember you came out into this world alone, now its time to make your own image of yourself. Make yourself your own role model.
Written by Nanayaa
Be willing. Commit to loving yourself no matter what. Forgive yourself for your mistakes, because we are not made to be perfect. Commit to being yourself, because everyone else is taken. You were made different for a reason. Commit to surrounding yourself with love because love casts out ALL fear. With a cup full of love, fear has little space. Overfill yourself with love. There is no fear in love. The thought of being punished is what makes us afraid. Therefore we shall indulge ourselves with love. Commit to loving others because we all need love. Commit to being who you were destined to be in this world because tomorrow isn’t promised. Time waits for no man. Commit to doing something different because what you are doing is not working. Commit to upgrading yourself and not your phone because you DESERVE it more than your phone. But it begins with a commitment. Are you willing?
Believe and release. The moment you begin to activate your belief muscle, you automatically begin to release things. Things that are holding you back from being completely free. Things that make you feel like there is no hope and that it is impossible to move forward. Things that have been toxically glued to you since your childhood. Things that can’t accept your success. Things that turn your smile upside down. Things that you make excuses for over and over again. And if you can’t relate to this, replace the word things with the word people and you will see that you are not too far off from this statement.
See, something happens when you begin to believe. These things or people will begin to slowly step back because for the first time you have decided to stand firm in what you believe in. Your belief can be in anything; whether it is in God himself, happiness, peace, chocolate cake or coupons. It reminds me of the saying, if you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything. You see, small things such as this can make a huge difference in our days before us. So I encourage you to believe and release anything that is holding you back from being free.
Within my twenty three years of living, I have learned a few things here and there. These are things that I lived and experienced for myself.
Its okay to fail and make mistakes
- I grew up with the fear of failing or making a mistake. I did not want to look silly in front of others. But let me tell you that this is the wrong approach to life. How can you succeed, if you did not fail? How can you walk, if you did not fall? In fact, mistakes takes us where we need to be in order to prevail. Welcome mistakes to your life, except it and be okay with that. The more mistakes you make, the more successful you will become.
Show up to birthday celebrations
- One thing that I definitely know for sure, is that birthday celebrations are more important to people than you think. After reading “The Happiness project” by Gretchen Rubin earlier this year, I vowed to make it out to my friends and family birthday celebrations no matter what.
- “Franklin D. Roosevelt knew that one of the simplest, most obvious and most important ways of gaining good will was by remembering names and making people feel important- yet how many of us do it?” (Carnegie, 77) I learned this valuable principle from one of my favorite books “How to win friends and influence people” by Dale Carnegie. I have used this principle and I learned that when I take the time to call people by their names and make them feel important, they go out their way to do the same for me. Try this out and let me know how it goes for you.
No one knows you better than you know yourself
- No matter how people around you may feel like they know best, no one knows you better than you know yourself (but god)! Mark my words. With that being said, do not be too quick to listen and submit yourself to the opinions of others around you. Why? Because often times when someone gives you an advice, they tend to give you the advice based on what they have experienced. For example, college is hard. Just because it was hard for you, it does not mean it will be hard for me. A wise woman, once told me “eat the meat and spit out the bones”. Which means take what you need from the advice and move on. Do your own research and ask god for guidance.
Be kind to yourself
- You are doing the best that you can, where you are and with the information that you have. The more you are kind to yourself, the more you will fall in love with yourself. (Sounds silly right? Try it.) The more you’re into you, the less you lean to others opinions. Not only that but the more you focus on yourself, you will notice that things around you will begin to fall into place.
In the comments below, share which one of these principles is your favorite so that others can be motivated.
Thank you for stopping by!